Saturday, June 14, 2008

JetMount Media

The response to JetMount, our new large-format print medium, has been terrific. This machine prints on most flat surfaces up to 2" thick! It is a breeze for foam core, vinyl, even printing on wood, glass or mirror! It seems to me that we've only just begun to scratch the surface of its usefulness. I'm excited to try printing on a heavily textured board next. The sky really is the limit with this equipment. Amazing!

With almost 60" width and an endless possible length due to its construction, this machine is set to be the new king of large-format printing. Printing in reverse on the back of a piece of glass in full color CMYK inkjetting. Now maybe I can realize my dream of one day printing to cover an entire scaffold around a building.

On a trip to Europe several years ago, I noticed that in Barcelona and Lisbon, when construction was happening and buildings were wrapped up in plastic, some genius had the idea to print ads on the stuff! I'm talking ads 12 stories high and wrapped around entire buildings as thy were being refurbished. Anyway, now if I can just land the account that will get me that printing. I should probably do a marketing push geared toward the top Manhattan construction places.

Anyway, I digress. the JetMount inkjetter is awesome.

No comments: